I should start this post off with a little explanation. When I was growing up we always had plenty of things to keep us busy during spring break, summer break, and Christmas break. All of us kids dug many fence posts, helped build fence, picked rocks out of the arena, helped with the flying business, horses, or a number of other things. We were never in need of a chore to keep us busy, there was always something to be done. I'm sure we spent a fair amount of time trying to avoid all of those things and at the time probably felt like it was a punishment to have to do them. However, now that I am a mother of three little boys I appreciate so much the amount of work that we did as kids. I loved that we lived out of town and had animals to take care of. I loved that we were all involved with the family business and the horses.
Since we live in town with a pretty small yard there is only so many things to keep my kids busy.
They have their chores that Aaron and I expect them to do, and sometimes it happens without any reminders and other times the kids have to be told to do them. The boys all have their own rooms and are supposed to keep them clean. A couple of times a year I like to help the boys go through their rooms and reorganize and de-clutter them. So, because we have no fences to build during Christmas break my boy's grand adventure will be cleaning their rooms. (Believe me it's probably more of punishment for me then and adventure for them. Ha ha!)
I decided that we should get Eli's room out of the way first. He got a fish tank from Santa and wants to put it in his room on his desk, and I would love for that fish tank to find another spot to live then under the Christmas tree that needs to be taken down. Eli is a pretty good little worker. He was very helpful with the demolition part of it for sure! We emptied all the toy boxes into the middle of the room very first and he thought his mother had lost her mind. (Truth be told I probably did years ago, but he still believes I'm all there!) Then we sorted all the toys into different boxes. He was pretty good about getting rid of things too! Believe it or not we got rid of a bag of garbage and three bags of toys and clothes that are going to Good Will. We went through his closet, dresser, and under his bed... boy I'm tired! Ha ha! His room looks amazing :) Hopefully it stays that way for a while. Tomorrow I will tackle Jerimiah or Justice's room. (I may tackle one of them in the process! What is it with teenagers and garbage EVERYWHERE?!)
This concludes our Grand Adventure for the day. Thankfully we made it through in one piece which gives me hope for the other two boy's rooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment