Our little boy was buried today at Saint Andrew's Mission. The mission donates a place for babies that are born to soon. There is a similar place in Garden City that does the same thing. However, the mission does things a little different. We were notified yesterday that they would be taking Dean to the cemetery today at one if we would like to be there. We wanted to be. When we got to the cemetery Sister Monica met us with his little casket and asked Aaron if he would like to carry his son to the grave. We walked to the grave hand in hand. The grave was already prepared and the Father of the mission was there to meet us. They were all so kind to us. They blessed the baby and blessed the grave. I've never done any of this before. The other cemetery just sent a note to let us know the baby had been buried and that we could go to the cemetery anytime. I know that we believe differently then Catholics do but through this whole thing I have appreciated the kindness and love we have been shown by the staff at the hospital, Sister Monica, Father Mike, and the grounds keeper. They had Aaron place him in the grave and then we all sprinkled a little dirt in the grave. It made me think of all those women crossing the plains that had to bury their babies along the way. How did they keep going? I hope I can be strong and keep going.
No comments:
Post a Comment