Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our crazy weekend

This past Friday Jerimiah had a tournament in John Day. He was not that excited about riding the bus for 2 1/2 hours. When I dropped him off at the school I told him he could ride home with me. Well, my day took a different turn. Aaron called me as soon as I left the school and needed me to come get him from work. I didn't know what was going on until I got there and he couldn't stand up straight and looked like he was going to be sick. I took him up to the hospital and they found a 6 mil. kidney stone... yeah- that's huge. So, no wrestling for me today... now we are going to go have surgery instead. Poor Aaron. He was in a lot of pain. We live so far out and our hospital doesn't have the equipment for this surgery so they decide to send him to Tri-Cities. That's great, but I can't transport him because he's on pain meds, and his oxygen levels keep going up and down. They had to monitor him and make sure he was going to be ok. The hospital tried to make arrangements for ground transportation but that was going to take to long, so he went for a plane ride. Nice- huh... well needless to say it was a long day, but the procedure went well and he's doing much better. Poor guy, I don't ever want to see him in that much pain again. On a brighter note- we have a great hospital here and the Dr. and nurses did a wonderful job. We also have a lot of great friends that really helped us out and I'm very grateful for them. Hello out of pocket maximum for the year :) at least it's only February, so the rest of the year should be covered.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds just awful! I'm glad he is feeling better.

    We have a guy in our ward who is an Elvis impersonator (seriously!) and he has had a horrible time with kidney stones. He has been in and out of the hospital several times and has has to have stents placed and everything.

    I hope Aaron's problem was a one time thing!

    ReplyDelete